Monday, February 14, 2011

Not Enough Time to Rest

The wind brushing against my face
The grass sliding across my arms and legs
The sky is overcast with dark friendly clouds hovering above me
Misty raindrops start to crawl around and into my body
And soon my mind is clear of all thoughts

From a far I can hear soccer balls being kicked
I can hear birds flapping their wings from tree to tree
And bikes being peddled on the pavement


I can feel the ground becoming wet and moist
The wind now making everything chilly


I get up and hear a song start up
It sings of how great it is living in this lifetime
I bring out my arms reaching out into no where
And I start to circle... circle... and circle some more
I lift my head up to the sky
And the drops of downpour light up my face
They run down my smile
Ready to encircle me in the blessing from above

2 comments: