Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Life of the Lovely Flower

I'm standing? Laying? Rooted? On this pile of soil
The earth under me is soft like I am floating on clumps of cloud, maybe rocky in a place or two
The air is so clear, I can smell my neighbor's aroma spinning close to me
The sky is light blue, with only a couple white clouds soaring above me
The sun is bursting and throwing it's warmth around me, hugging me so that I do not go cold
The day is long... But in a peaceful way
I see birds fly
I hear Bees buzz by
I can feel deer running near me without a reply
Life is simple
Until I have to make a decision
I am picked from the soft and rocky earth
A whisper comes from above me
She Loves me... She loves me not
I feel rough stumps pulling at me
My body becoming free
I float away into the wind
Into all sorts of directions
Leading into the forest? The sea? A field?
Now I lay here... So itchy, wet, and comforted
Ready for a new adventure

1 comment:

  1. A whisper comes from above me
    She Loves me... She loves me not
    I love this line becasue i really dont know why haha it just sticks out to me the most of the whole poem. I do like this poem alot though! The flower a very good thing to write about :)

    ReplyDelete